Meeting of the Congregation
Special Meeting of the Congregation Sunday 6 October 10.45am, in the hall
We look forward to hearing what you think about the new Vision Statement for Morialta, and you will be updated about the action planned following the engineer’s inspection of both the manse and the bluestone church.
Congregation meeting 4 August –
Dear Morialta friends
Here as promised, is the second tranche of papers for Sunday’s meeting of the congregation at 10.45 am. They are:
- the agenda
- the finance report – John Thornton’s first as our Treasurer.
- 190804 FinanceReport
- re-issued minutes of the March minutes. My sincere apologies for this – the earlier version showed the incorrect expense budget table (refer page 5).
- 190331 Minutes MtgOfCongregation (1)
Dear Morialta friends
Margaret and I are looking forward to your company at the meeting of the congregation at 10.45 am on Sunday 4 August.
As usual, there will be a muffin morning tea to support the projects selected as our 2019 Beyond Morialta Mission Projects focus.
The first tranche of papers is attached. They are:
- Minutes of the special meeting of the congregation on 2 June 2019
- 190602 SpecialMtgOfCongMinutes
- Morialta UCA’s Balance Sheet as at 30 June 2019
- Morialta UC 6 Jun Balance sheet
- Two variations of the Profit and Loss report January to June 2019
- budget analysis report showing expenditure against budget, and
- Morialta UC 06 Jun Budget analysis
- multiple period report showing the financial outcomes for each month January to June 2019
- Morialta UC 06 June Mutiple period profit loss
Please bring any questions about the minutes or the financial reports with you on 4 August.
The agenda for the meeting and any other reports or papers will be available to you next week.
Sunday 2 June 2019
Dear Morialta friends
A reminder that there will be a meeting of the congregation at 10.45 am on Sunday 2 June.
As this is a special meeting called to consider two items, Morialta’s mission priorities and which Presbytery Morialta will join, there will be no printed agenda and none of the reports that would normally be expected at a meeting of the congregation. As usual, though, the Beyond Morialta Mission Projects Team will provide muffins for morning tea – gold coin(s) donation is requested.
Two documents are attached, Identifying our Mission Priorities for Moving Forward – 2019 circulated and considered at our March meeting, and Choosing a Presbytery which complements and summarises the briefings Bob has provided over the past two Sunday mornings.
You have probably either downloaded or printed Identifying our Mission Priorities for Moving Forward – 2019. Please do the same with Choosing a Presbytery and bring both to the meeting with you. There will be two copies of each document on the tables at the meeting.
I look forward to seeing you on 2 June and to joining you in decision-making that will guide our way forward in God’s mission and ministry here at Morialta and in the wider Church.
AGM of the congregation
10.45 am, Sunday 31 March
Dear Morialta Friends,
I look forward to welcoming you to the Meeting of the Congregation to be held on Sunday 31 March from 10:45 am.
This is email 1 containing meeting papers, coming to you early to give you time for pre-meeting reading – please! In addition to the several attachments listed below, may I draw your special attention to the one labelled ‘Mission Priorities_ Congregation Resource Document_ March 2019’ (available on request from the secretary). It reflects the work Council has done on discerning a process to help us move forward into 2019 and beyond, by recognising where we are and moving towards making decisions about where to from here. This is the document I referred to in my February Vision piece; it is quite long – 8 pages – but the font is hopefully large enough for easy reading! I will present the main ideas from the document at the meeting, encourage your questions and comments, and outline the process we hope to follow from here, which will provide plenty of time for thoughtful reading, discussion and prayer.
It’s the beginning of a journey together.
The other attached papers are these:
Minutes of meeting held 2 December 2018 (These will be taken as read at the meeting and any questions or comments you may have about them will be very welcome.)
10.45 am on Sunday 2 December.
Draft Minutes of the Meeting
- Revised agenda
- Student Accommodation Project report
- Interim 2019 budget
- Beyond Morialta Mission Projects suggestions for 2019. You will be asked at the meeting to signal your preferences.
- Magill InterChurch Council report
The first set of papers for the meeting are below:
- The draft agenda for the meeting
- Minutes of our meeting held on 29 July – these will be taken as read at the meeting and any questions or comments you may have about them will be very welcome.
- The budget analysis report and the Balance Sheet giving information on how we’re going to the end of October
- An update report from the Church Seating Steering Group – this will be taken as read and Christine Garner, Chair of the Group, will be available at the meeting for your questions and/or comments
Church Council will bring two proposals to the meeting:
- Any decision regarding purchasing chairs be put on hold until there is clarification of the Congregation’s financial situation and property issues are addressed.
- If in the future, a decision is made to purchase chairs, the congregation note that the Church Seating Steering Group recommends Alloyfold Church Chairs (being those provided by way of example by Walkerville Uniting Church) as the preferred chair.
There may be more papers emailed early next week and, as usual, there will be a few copies of the papers on the tables at the meeting.
Margaret and I are looking forward to seeing you at the meeting – please remember your gold coins for the muffin morning tea.
Sunday 29 July 2018 – 10:45am
Draft minutes of the meeting
The agenda for the meeting
Minutes of our meeting held on 25 March
A report from the Church Seating Steering Group
Morialta’s Child Safe Policy.
Morialta UCA Child Safe Policy
Sunday 25 March 2018 – 10:45am
Agenda for the meeting
Minutes of the meeting 26 November 2017
2017 Annual Report
Balance sheet to 31 December 2017
BalanceSheet to 31Dec2017
Balance sheet – to 28 February 2018
BalanceSheet to 28Feb2018
Income & Expenditure – January to December 2017
Income&Expenditure Report JanToDec2017
Income & Expenditure January and February 2018
Income&Expenditure Report Jan&Feb2018
Budget V’s Actual report January to December 2017
BudgetVActual Report JanToDec2017
Community Centre Mission Ministry team –
Report to The Congregation 25 March 2018
Magill Inter-church Council (MICC)
Report to the Annual Meeting of Morialta Uniting Church 25th March 2018