Meeting of the Congregation
AGM of the congregation
10.45 am, Sunday 31 March
Dear Morialta Friends,
I look forward to welcoming you to the Meeting of the Congregation to be held on Sunday 31 March from 10:45 am.
This is email 1 containing meeting papers, coming to you early to give you time for pre-meeting reading – please! In addition to the several attachments listed below, may I draw your special attention to the one labelled ‘Mission Priorities_ Congregation Resource Document_ March 2019’ (available on request from the secretary). It reflects the work Council has done on discerning a process to help us move forward into 2019 and beyond, by recognising where we are and moving towards making decisions about where to from here. This is the document I referred to in my February Vision piece; it is quite long – 8 pages – but the font is hopefully large enough for easy reading! I will present the main ideas from the document at the meeting, encourage your questions and comments, and outline the process we hope to follow from here, which will provide plenty of time for thoughtful reading, discussion and prayer.
It’s the beginning of a journey together.
The other attached papers are these:
Minutes of meeting held 2 December 2018 (These will be taken as read at the meeting and any questions or comments you may have about them will be very welcome.)
10.45 am on Sunday 2 December.
Draft Minutes of the Meeting
- Revised agenda
- Student Accommodation Project report
- Interim 2019 budget
- Beyond Morialta Mission Projects suggestions for 2019. You will be asked at the meeting to signal your preferences.
- Magill InterChurch Council report
The first set of papers for the meeting are below:
- The draft agenda for the meeting
- Minutes of our meeting held on 29 July – these will be taken as read at the meeting and any questions or comments you may have about them will be very welcome.
- The budget analysis report and the Balance Sheet giving information on how we’re going to the end of October
- An update report from the Church Seating Steering Group – this will be taken as read and Christine Garner, Chair of the Group, will be available at the meeting for your questions and/or comments
Church Council will bring two proposals to the meeting:
- Any decision regarding purchasing chairs be put on hold until there is clarification of the Congregation’s financial situation and property issues are addressed.
- If in the future, a decision is made to purchase chairs, the congregation note that the Church Seating Steering Group recommends Alloyfold Church Chairs (being those provided by way of example by Walkerville Uniting Church) as the preferred chair.
There may be more papers emailed early next week and, as usual, there will be a few copies of the papers on the tables at the meeting.
Margaret and I are looking forward to seeing you at the meeting – please remember your gold coins for the muffin morning tea.
Sunday 29 July 2018 – 10:45am
Draft minutes of the meeting
The agenda for the meeting
Minutes of our meeting held on 25 March
A report from the Church Seating Steering Group
Morialta’s Child Safe Policy.
Morialta UCA Child Safe Policy
Sunday 25 March 2018 – 10:45am
Agenda for the meeting
Minutes of the meeting 26 November 2017
2017 Annual Report
Balance sheet to 31 December 2017
BalanceSheet to 31Dec2017
Balance sheet – to 28 February 2018
BalanceSheet to 28Feb2018
Income & Expenditure – January to December 2017
Income&Expenditure Report JanToDec2017
Income & Expenditure January and February 2018
Income&Expenditure Report Jan&Feb2018
Budget V’s Actual report January to December 2017
BudgetVActual Report JanToDec2017
Community Centre Mission Ministry team –
Report to The Congregation 25 March 2018
Magill Inter-church Council (MICC)
Report to the Annual Meeting of Morialta Uniting Church 25th March 2018